Staff Policy D-401.01
Institutional Effectiveness Criterion: Partnership
Community Partnership and Enrichment Procedure
The faculty and staff shall act in accordance with the following parameters.
- Unless otherwise designated by the donor, all donations made to Northwestern Michigan College or the NMC Foundation will be received and acknowledged by the foundation and reside therein.
- Fund raising initiatives (including writing of grants) by College departments to support programs, capital needs, student scholarships, etc., are encouraged.
- Dates for fund raising events/campaigns must be cleared with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement at least 30 days in advance of the event/campaign.
- Targeted prospects must be reviewed by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement in advance of initiating contact with the prospect.
- The fund raising initiative shall have prior approval of the appropriate President's Council member.
- Arrangement must be made with the Institutional Advancement Office for the processing (receipt, deposit, and acknowledgment) of donations.
- All grant activity (preparation, submission, awards and administration) for the programs, departments and units of NMC must be coordinated through the Institutional Advancement Office.
- Public Relations
Contact with the media to create publicity for NMC programs, personnel, and activities by College departments is encouraged. However, the Institutional Advancement Office shall be consulted in advance so that assistance may be provided, the Institutional Advancement Office may respond knowledgeably to questions from the media, strategies for announcing information of a sensitive nature may be discussed, and appropriate faculty and staff may be contacted in advance of the media.
Promotion of NMC programs, personnel, and activities through advertising by College departments is encouraged. However, the Institutional Advancement Office shall be informed in advance so that assistance may be provided with a marketing plan, design, and budget; advertising efforts are not duplicated; the correct NMC logo and identification are used; and the appropriate faculty and staff have been informed or have approved of the advertising.
Publications about NMC programs and activities by College departments are encouraged. However:
- A marketing communications plan with a clear set of goals, strategies, action steps, and evaluation procedures is required for publications (including web, print, etc.).
- The Institutional Advancement Office shall be consulted in advance so that assistance may be provided with concept, copy, design, and budget, and so that items are not published which duplicate existing pieces.
- Items published shall bear the official NMC logo and identification.
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement, in conjunction with the appropriate faculty and staff, is responsible for the development and publication of any procedures or guidelines that may be necessary to administer this policy effectively.
If any provisions(s) of this policy or set of bylaws conflicts with laws applicable to Northwestern Michigan College, including the Community College Act of 1966, the Freedom of Information Act, or the Open Meetings Act, as each may be amended from time to time, such laws shall control and supersede such provisions(s).
Initially adopted as D-1001.01 December 9, 1996
Renumbered D-401.01 December 20, 2006
Revised December 18, 2009