Disability Support Services

Disability Support Services contributes to a positive learning environment for students and ensures equal access to education so that students with disabilities can freely and actively participate in college learning. We also promote community awareness of the needs and potential of individuals with disabilities.

We offer a wide range of services for those who have disabilities and/or need accommodations in order to achieve academic goals. With the appropriate documentation, services may include, but are not limited to:

  • Notetakers
  • Readers
  • Scribers
  • Sign language interpreters
  • Brailled materials
  • Books in alternative format
  • Extended time for exams
  • Quiet space for exams
  • Adaptive equipment:
    • Dragon Naturally Speaking
    • Natural Point TrackIR
    • JAWS screen reader software
    • Ergonomic keyboard
    • Track Ball Mouse
    • Kurzweil 1000/3000

Requesting services »

Includes definitions and documentation requirements.


Americans with Disabilities Act

In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (PL93-1112), as amended (PL 93-516), and with Title II and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, no qualified individual with a disability in the United States shall be excluded from, denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination due to their disability.

Section Navigation Student Services & Resources