For students and employees who wish to reduce or eliminate their use of tobacco products, NMC Health Services will provide free workshops, support, individual counseling and cessation aids.
Now available in Health Services
- Free "Quit Kit" from the American Cancer Society
- Free nicotine replacement in the form of gum and lozenges
- Free medical appointments for students to discuss individual nicotine cessation plans
Nicotine supplements are available while supplies last for students and employees in these locations:
- Main Campus: Health Services, Biederman Building
- Aero Park Campus: Parsons-Stulen Building front desk
- Great Lakes Campus: Front Desk
- Michigan Tobacco Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669). Free nicotine patches, gum and lozenges, provided by the Michigan Department of Community Health. More info: www.michigan.gov/tobacco » (Available until Sept. 30, or while supplies last.)
- NMC employees on NMC's health plan may be eligible for reimbursement of up to $1,000 for cessation-related treatment and materials. For details, contact Hollie DeWalt, Total Rewards Coordinator, at (231) 995-1350.