Career services tip
Join a student group or professional organization that relates to your future career. This provides you with networking opportunities, resume-building materials and real-life experience.
Questions? Call the Advising Center Office Manager at (231) 995-1040.
Career Success Coach
Walk-In Wednesdays with NMC's Career Success Coach: Dana Laursen is available for walk-in visits Wednesdays from 1-2:30 p.m. to help with resume questions, job hunting strategies and interview tips. If an appointment is needed, email Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NMC provides a number of services to help you land a job:
- How to Succeed in Your Internship/Job Search – This 25-page PDF provides help with resumes, cover letters and interviews.
- We can critique your resume and cover letter. Email the Advising Center Student Success Coach »
- Check out 56 free podcasts from College Central for career and job search advice »
Helpful links and resources
The links below are to external sites and open in new browser windows.
- America's Career Information Network helps you find local employers, wage information and employment projections for many different occupations in locations throughout the the United States, including northwest Michigan.
- NMC Career Coach allows you to explore the job outlook for various careers and job postings in the local area, and find the level of education you'll need to be hired.
- Career Overview provides Information on many occupations.
NMC uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Students, alumni and community members can create an account profile at www.collegecentral.com/nmc to:
- Search for all full-time, part-time, and volunteer job opportunities easily and efficiently;
- Create and upload resumes and career portfolios to make them available to employers; and
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles.