NMC is hosting “Intern with the Government” Wednesday, April 9. This free workshop, open to all college students in the region, is designed to increase awareness of government careers and career opportunities. It takes place from 3–5 p.m. on NMC's main campus, in room O-205 in the Osterlin Building. Registration is not required. Learn more »
Career services tip of the week
Join a student group or professional organization that relates to your future career. This provides you with networking opportunities, resume-building materials and real-life experience.
Questions? Call the Advising Center Office Manager at (231) 995-1040.
NMC provides a number of services to help you land a job:
- How to Succeed in Your Job Search – help with resumes, cover letters and interviews. This 14-page PDF was prepared by the NMC Advising Center.
- We can critique your resume and cover letter. Email the Advising Center Office Manager »
- MyPlan – a free career planning resource that allows you to take assessments of your skills, interests, work values and personality and match them to career options.
- Videos – More than 50 short videos on everything from interviewing to the perils of social networking sites when it comes to job-seeking. Powered by CareerSpots.
Helpful links and resources
The links below are to external sites and open in new browser windows.
- America's Career Information Network – Find local employers, wage information and employment projections for many different occupations in locations throughout the the United States, including northwest Michigan.
- Career Overview – Information on many occupations