career services tip of the week
Join a student group or professional organization that relates to your future career. This provides you with networking opportunities, resume-building materials and real-life experience.
Questions? Call the Advising Center Office Manager at 995-1040.
NMC provides a number of services to help you land a job:
- How to Succeed in Your Job Search – help with resumes, cover letters and interviews. This 14-page PDF was prepared by the NMC Advising Center.
- We can critique your resume and cover letter. Email the Advising Center Office Manager »
- MyPlan – a free career planning resource that allows you to take assessments of your skills, interests, work values and personality and match them to career options.
- Videos – More than 50 short videos on everything from interviewing to the perils of social networking sites when it comes to job-seeking. Powered by CareerSpots.
Helpful links and resources
The links below are to external sites and open in new browser windows.
- America's Career Information Network – Find local employers, wage information and employment projections for many different occupations in locations throughout the the United States, including northwest Michigan.
- Career Overview – Information on many occupations