Please submit nominations to the President’s Office by Friday, March 13, 2015, using the form above either by hard copy or e-mail to email@example.com.
Past NMC Fellows
- 2013: Dr. Don Good, Walter J. Hooper
- 2012: Hettie Molvang
- 2011: Terry S. Malone
- 2010: James MacInnes, Elaine C. Wood
- 2009: Jean Howard, Ted Kidd, Phyllis Kidd, D. Jerome Slack, Margery Slack
- 2008: Charles E. Benson, Barbara S. Benson, Louise Hagerty, Wayne H. Lobdell, Terry Lobdell
- 2007: Donald Oleson, Sr., Gerald Oleson, Jr.
- 2006: Walter E. Beardslee, Elaine L. Beardslee
- 2005: William G. Janis, Jacqueline E. Ribel, Mark L. Ribel
- 2004: Rotary Charities of Traverse City
- 2003: Christian P. Kamm, Shirley S. Okerstrom
- 2002: Marvin Rorick, Luella Rorick
- 2001: George C. Comden, Bart T. Stupak, Norman Veliquette, Marjory Veliquette
- 2000: Nick Rajkovich, Frances Rajkovich
- 1999: Robert T. Hughes, Robert Rudd, Grace Rudd, Capt. George J. Ryan
- 1998: Thomas C. Jones, Edward C. Walker
- 1997: James J. Beckett, Al Shumsky, Dudley Smith, Barbara Smith III
- 1996: David Lee Gray, Paul T. Johnson, Frances B. Johnson, Donald W. Nugent, Gail M. Nugent
- 1995: Dr. Charles D. Kesner, Richard W. Olson, Dr. C. Russell Wentworth
- 1994: Dr. Charles Kelly, Dolores Kelly, Barbara I.C. MacFarlane, Jane E. Norton, Frank E. Noverr
- 1993: Walter Holland
- 1992: Susie (Kildee) Janis, Paul Welch
- 1991: Sen. George A. McManus, Jr.
- 1990: Helen W. Milliken, JoAnne M. Zimmerman
- 1989: Gordon Lightfoot, Arthur M. Schmuckal, Mary E. Schmuckal, Adm. Willard J. Smith, U.S.C.G.
- 1988: Robert L. Goff, Jack B. Stegenga
- 1987: Marie G. McCarthy, Mrs. William E. Votruba
- 1986: Bernard C. Rink
- 1985: Frank W. Tezak, Ralph J. Lautner, Mary E. Lautner, Joseph H. Rogers
- 1984: Alice A. Drulard, Blake Forslund
- 1983: Michael Dennos, Barbara Dennos, V. Adm. Paul E. Trimble (Ret.)
- 1981: Lester M. Biederman, Warren W. Cline, M.D.
- 1980: Lt. Gov. Connie Binsfeld
- 1979: Doris Nerbonne, Everett R. Hames
- 1978: John L. Horton
- 1977: Julius C. Sleder
- 1976: Ferris N. Crawford
- 1974: James P. DeLapa, Andrew L. Olson
- 1973: Harry L. Weitz, M.D., Sen. Robert P. Griffin
- 1972: Dorothy C. Hall, Preston N. Tanis
- 1971: James E. Clune, Arthur G. Whitelock
- 1970: Harry T. Running, Mrs. Mark (Helen) Osterlin
- 1969: Corrine J. Naar
- 1968: Julius H. Beers
- 1967: Eugene B. Power
- 1966: Wilbur C. Munnecke
- 1965: George I. Altenburg, Gov. William G. Milliken, Leslie Tremaine, Bernice Tremaine
- 1964: Arnell G. Engstrom, Gerald Oleson, Frances Oleson, Ferris J. Rennie, Harold Wise, Imogene Wise, Ellis A. Wunsch, Ph.D.
The Fellow is Northwestern Michigan College's highest honor, awarded annually since 1964. Fellows may be nominated because they have demonstrated influential networking on behalf of the College, have demonstrated a pattern of outstanding financial or personal time contributions to NMC, or as a retiree of the College continue to contribute back to their academic or professional fields as volunteers, mentors or advisors. Exceptional contributions in one or more of these areas may justify nomination. No staff, faculty, or trustee shall be named a Fellow while still employed or in office.
2014 recipients: Richard and Diana Milock
Richard and Diana Milock have been named the 2014 recipients of NMC's highest honor, the NMC Fellow award.
Through both personal contributions and their Begonia Charitable Foundation, the couple have supported many programs and endeavors at NMC for several years. They combine their philanthropy with volunteerism. Diana Milock has been a member of the NMC Foundation Board since 2011 and serves on its major gifts committee. For her, the ultimate measurement of philanthropy is personal and internal.
“It’s satisfying for me to know that I can do it, and I act on it,” she said.
"Diana is remarkable. She always bring ideas and is as enthusiastic as she is thorough in terms of planning and executing them," said Rebecca Teahen, executive director of the NMC Foundation. "If she cannot make a meeting, she requests to meet with me one-on-one to ensure she is fulfilling Board expectations."
Early on, the Milocks' giving included the Commitment Scholarship program and the Adopt a Student Scholarships. More recently, their support has focused primarily on the Dennos Museum Center and the Great Lakes Culinary Institute, including the Tasters Guild Auction. The couple are "dedicated foodies," Diana Milock said.
Their support of a new sound system for the Millken Auditorium was given with the purpose of also supporting NMC's Audio Technology program, making Milliken a classroom lab for concert sound instruction.