I-901 Fee & Visa Interview Process
The application process to obtain an F-1 visa can be confusing and sometimes overwhelming. We want to make certain that your questions regarding this process have been fully answered and that you are proceeding in a timely manner. Please keep in close contact with us via email while you undergo this process.
EducationUSA, a program of the U.S. Department of State, is a wonderful source of information for international students and scholars.
Once you have received your I-20 and Admission Acceptance Letter in the mail, you will need to move quickly to begin the visa process as it can take up to 4 months to complete. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee online. Information regarding this fee can be found at www.FMJFee.com.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate near you to schedule your student visa interview. Visa applications can take 60-120 days but approval times vary. Please check with your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for current processing times. Please notify NMC via email when you have scheduled your interview.
- Prepare for your visa interview by reviewing all your application materials and by reading the visa interview information pages sent with your Admission Acceptance Letter.
- Follow directions given to you by the U.S. Embassy when you go for your interview. Be sure to bring all required documents, photos, and forms of identification. Make a good impression by dressing as you would for a formal job interview.
- Send an email following your interview to let us know the result.