NMC Canticum Novum
NMC's Canticum Novum (kahn'-tee-koom noh'-voom), meaning "new song," is a new choral offering at NMC. Canticum Novum is an auditioned-only ensemble — please see below for audition information. Canticum Novum has several performance cycles throughout the year, with an emphasis on performances in the Fall and late Spring. Performances in the Grand Traverse Area and a NYC Tour are scheduled for 2016-2017. Because of the challenging literature and the abbreviated rehearsal schedule, only singers with good reading skills should inquire. Registration fees for the 2016-2017 season are $150.
Auditions will be held on the NMC Campus and Thursday, September 15 (5:00-9:00pm) and Friday, September 16 (3:00-7:00pm). Please call 231-995-1700 to set up a 10-minute appointment for an audition.
important 2016-2017 dates
- Thursday & Friday, September 15 & 16 - Auditions
- Friday, December 2 - Chamber Singers and Canticum Novum Holiday Concert (Milliken)
- Sunday, February 26 - Chamber Singers and Canticum Novum with the NMC Children's Choir (Lars Hockstad)
- Sunday, April 23 - GT Chorale and Chamber Singers with the TSO "Beethoven 9" (Corson)
- Friday & Saturday, May 19 & 20 - Canticum Novum at the Dennos Museum
- Friday & Saturday, June 9 & 10 - Canticum Novum performances (Venues T.B.A.)
- Tuesday-Monday, June 20-26 - Canticum Novum on tour to NYC