Construction Technology - Carpentry Technology
- Advance skills or start a new career
- Attend class one night per week
- Maximum class size of 15 insures individual attention
Demand for skilled carpenters is expected to rise by more than 18 percent in northern Michigan during the next decade.
NMC’s carpentry technology certificate allow those already working in the fields to advance their skills. The curriculum is also appropriate for those without previous experience.
- Building science lab for hands-on learning
- Learn from instructors experienced in industry
- Industry-designed curriculum aligned with national competency standards
- Financial aid available
Facilities and Equipment
Classes are held at NMC’s Aero Park campus.
Building science lab
- 1,200 sq ft structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects.
Who should consider a career in carpentry technology?
- People who like working with their hands
- People who like solving problems
- People who like working outdoors
- People who enjoy working independently or are interested in starting their own business
- Commercial contracting
- Residential contracting
NEWS & EVENTS
“The more education people have, the more worthwhile they are, first and foremost to themselves, and then to their employer.”
Owner, Hallmark Construction