“Our experience has been very positive. We’ve hired a number of individuals through NMC’s program, and we’re very pleased with the results we get.”
Jim Rose, vice president
Windemuller Electric, Traverse City electrical contractor
Construction Technology - Electrical Technology
- Advance skills or start a new career
- Attend class one night per week
- Maximum class size of 15 insures individual attention
Demand for skilled electricians is expected to rise by 13 percent in northern Michigan during the next decade.
NMC’s electrical technology certificates allow those already working in the fields to advance their skills. The curriculum is also appropriate for those without previous experience.
- Building science lab for hands-on learning
- Learn from instructors experienced in industry
- Industry-designed curriculum aligned with national competency standards
- Financial aid available
Facilities and Equipment
Classes are held at NMC’s Aero Park campus.
Building science lab
- 1,200 sq ft structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects.
Who should consider a career in electrical technologies?
- People who like working with their hands
- People who like solving problems
- People who like working outdoors
- People who enjoy working independently or are interested in starting their own business
- Service Technician
- Field Supervisor
- Sales Engineer
- Inside Sales Manager
- Distributor Sales
- Commercial contracting