In the News
October 1, 2009
Construction Technology - HVAC/R Technology
- Advance skills or start a new career
- Attend class one night per week
- Maximum class size of 15 insures individual attention
Demand for skilled HVAC/R technicians is expected to rise by 16 percent in northern Michigan during the next decade.
NMC’s construction technology certificates allow those already working in the fields to advance their skills. The curriculum is also appropriate for those without previous experience.
- Building science lab for hands-on learning
- Learn from instructors experienced in industry
- Industry-designed curriculum aligned with national competency standards
- Financial aid available
Facilities and Equipment
Classes are held at NMC’s Aero Park campus.
Building science lab
- 1,200-sq-ft structure provides real-world experience
- Equipped with heating and A/C system, electrical, plumbing, insulation diagnostics and a resource room for energy projects
Professional-grade tools used to construct, install, service and diagnose
- Thermal imaging camera
- Blower door tester
- Duct blaster
- Pressure gauges
Who should consider a career in HVAC/R technologies?
- People who like working with their hands
- People who like solving problems
- People who like working outdoors
- People who enjoy working independently or are interested in starting their own business
- Service Technician
- Field Supervisor
- Sales Engineer
- Inside Sales Manager
- Distributor Sales
- Commercial contracting