What you'll find at NMC
- Transfer courses, two-year associate degrees and professional certificates
- Online learning options
- Access to BA and advanced degrees through NMC's University Center
- Small classes, personal attention
- Scholarship opportunities
- Reasonable tuition
- Excellent academic reputation
- Dedicated faculty & staff
- On-campus housing options
Sociology is the study of the social context of human behavior. A degree in sociology can serve as a springboard for entering the world of business, industry and organizations. The sociological perspective is crucial for working in today's multiethnic and multinational business environment as well as those pursuing careers including teaching, social work, public policy, criminal justice, law, non-profit organizations and social research.
An undergraduate sociology major provides valuable insights into social factors such as race, ethnicity, gender, age, education and social class that affect work and how organizations operate.
An advanced degree specializing in the sociology of work, occupations, labor and organizations can lead to teaching, research and applied roles.