- What are the apartments like?
The 2-bedroom apartments are about 1,000 square feet. View the photo gallery for details »
The 1-bedroom apartments have, of course, one less bedroom, and the kitchen, bath, dining and living room areas are somewhat smaller.
- Are there many 1-bedroom apartments available?
There are only 4 units with 1 bedroom. There is usually a waiting list.
- Is a security deposit required, and if so, how much is it?
Yes, a security deposit of between 1 and 1 1/2 month of rent is required. This must come out of pocket. Financial aid CANNOT be used to cover the security deposit.
- Can I use financial aid to pay the rent?
Yes, BUT only after all other school-related expenses are paid. Tuition and fees are paid first. Then, if there is money left, financial aid can be used to pay rent. Financial aid CANNOT be used to pay the security deposit.
- I’m not 21 yet but I have a child. Can I rent?
No, you must be 21 years of age to rent an apartment.
- Are pets allowed?
No pets are allowed.
- Are the apartments quiet?
Quiet hours are published in the NMC Apartments Handbook but, realistically, a low level of noise can be expected. These are apartments and there are children.
- I have a lot of stuff. Is there extra storage space?
There are some additional storage closets in the laundry room of each apartment building.
- Who manages the apartments and where is the office?
The Auxiliary Services office in West Hall (#9 on the Campus Map). Their number is (231) 995-1119.
- How do I get on the waiting list for an apartment?
Submit an application and supporting documents to the Auxiliary Services office. After your application has been approved, you will be placed on the waiting list. We will notify you when an apartment is being vacated. You will have 1 week to pay your security deposit and hold your place on the list.
Section Navigation Student Services & Resources