Upon receipt of the following items, your application to live in an NMC apartment will be reviewed. If approved, your name will be placed on the waiting list.
We will notify you when an apartment is being vacated and give you an estimated move-in date. You will have 1 week to pay your security deposit and submit the following documents to hold your place:
- Receipt for security deposit paid at Cashier’s Office in the Tanis building. Financial Aid may not be used for the security deposit.
- Copy of current (or next) semester class schedule
We will call you to set a firm move-in date when maintenance and cleaning of your apartment is close to completion. When you come to sign the lease agreement and pick up your keys, parking permit, etc, bring:
- Receipt for payment of one month rent
- Financial Aid Award Letter (if financial aid has not been dispersed)
- NMC Change of Address form (PDF) »
After moving into your apartment, complete and return within 7 days:
- Apartment Inventory/Inspection Report
- Emergency Alert System: Be informed
- Food Services program: Convenience and savings
- Storage Units (limited): No cost. First come first serve basis.
When you have all the necessary forms completed please bring them into the NMC Apartments office:
Northwestern Michigan College Apartments, West Hall, 1701 E. Front Street, Traverse City, MI 49686