What you'll find at NMC
- Transfer courses, two-year associate degrees and professional certificates
- Online learning options
- Access to BA and advanced degrees through NMC's University Center
- Small classes, personal attention
- Scholarship opportunities
- Reasonable tuition
- Excellent academic reputation
- Dedicated faculty & staff
- On-campus housing options
Geology is an exciting field, an essential component of studies to understand the surface environment of the Earth, including global climate change, resource discovery and limits, environmental hazards and their possible mitigation, and satisfactory remediation of subsurface pollution.
If you're interested in pursuing a career as a geologist, you'll take environmental studies courses as well as those relating to chemistry, physics and mathematics.