What you'll find at NMC
- Transfer courses, two-year associate's degrees, four-year bachelor's degrees in maritime technology, and professional certificates
- Online learning options
- Access to other bachelor's degrees and advanced degrees through NMC's University Center »
- Small classes, personal attention
- Scholarship opportunities
- Reasonable tuition
- Excellent academic reputation
- Dedicated faculty & staff
- On-campus housing options
Psychologists study the human mind and human behavior. Psychologists in health service fields provide mental health care in hospitals, clinics, schools or private settings. Psychologists employed in applied settings, such as business, industry, government or nonprofit organizations, provide training, conduct research, design organizational systems, and act as advocates for psychology.
NMC’s program will mark the beginning of your educational path. A doctoral degree and a license are required of most psychologists.
About 34 percent of psychologists are self-employed, compared with only 8 percent of all workers.
Job prospects should be the best for people who have a doctoral degree in an applied specialty, such as counseling or health, and those with a specialist or doctoral degree in school psychology.