Nursing - Associate Degree (ADN)
Registered nurses form the largest health care occupation, with 2.5 million jobs. An associate degree is one path to registered nursing. NMC’s program is approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing. Graduates are eligible to apply for the State Board Examination for licensing as a registered nurse.
Being a registered nurse is both challenging and rewarding. The profession offers flexible scheduling, good salaries and the satisfaction of making a valuable impact on the lives of patients. Many diverse career paths are open to RNs.
- A registered nurse is responsible for the needs of patients suffering from illness or injury, and can provide care and cater to the needs of patients in a variety of settings, including operating rooms, ambulatory care, intensive care, physician’s offices, health care clinics or specialized practice settings.
- Employment of registered nurses is expected to grow by 22 percent from 2008 to 2018, much faster than the average for all occupations. Growth will be driven by a larger elderly population, technological advances in patient care, which permit a greater number of health problems to be treated, and by an increasing emphasis on preventive care.
- Median annual earnings of registered nurses were $65,745 in the State of Michigan in May 2010. Some places nurses worked and the average earnings:
- General medical and surgical hospitals – $68,610
- Home health care services – $63,850
- Offices of physicians – $70,530
- Nursing care facilities – $59,990
NMC nursing programs are approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing and are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000).
Competitive Admission Rubric
A new competitive points rubric was introduced effective for students starting at NMC in their pre-nursing program summer 2016. Students who started the pre-ADN program prior to summer 2016 have the option of using either rubric. Those who started summer 2016 or after will use the new rubric.
- ADN Competitive Admission Rubric (Prior to Summer 2016) »
- ADN Competitive Admission Rubric (Effective Summer 2016) »
News & Events
Degrees & Certificates
- Nursing, Associate Degree (ADN)
- Nursing, Completion (LPN to ADN) »
- Nursing, Practical (PN) »
- Online Nursing Option »
What you'll find at NMC
- Transfer courses, two-year associate degrees and professional certificates
- Online learning options
- Access to BA and advanced degrees through NMC's University Center
- Small classes, personal attention
- Scholarship opportunities
- Reasonable tuition
- Excellent academic reputation
- Dedicated faculty & staff
- On-campus housing options