Welcome to NMC's Nursing Program
Northwestern Michigan College offers students the opportunity to earn a Practical Nursing (PN) certification or Associate Degree (ADN) in nursing. An Associate Degree in Nursing may be earned by a first-time student entering the program or by a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) entering the LPN to ADN completion program. After successfully completing the Practical Nursing program, students become eligible to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN). Students become eligible to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) after successfully completing the Associate Degree Program.
NMC also offers students in the Associate Degree program the option to take an elective at the end of their second semester. This option gives the ADN students the opportunity to complete the PN program, take the NCLEX-PN exam, and work as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) while completing the remainder of the ADN program.
NMC nursing programs are approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing and are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000).
News & Events
Degrees & Certificates
- Nursing, Associate Degree (ADN) »
- Nursing, Completion (LPN to ADN) »
- Nursing, Practical (PN) »
- Online Nursing Option »
What you'll find at NMC
- Transfer courses, two-year associate's degrees, four-year bachelor's degrees in maritime technology, and professional certificates
- Online learning options
- Access to other bachelor's degrees and advanced degrees through NMC's University Center »
- Small classes, personal attention
- Scholarship opportunities
- Reasonable tuition
- Excellent academic reputation
- Dedicated faculty & staff
- On-campus housing options