Attention, mobile users:
Try these apps available for Moodle, NMC's online course management system.
- mTouch+ - $2.99
- mPage - $1.99
- My Moodle - free
- mTouch+ - $2.99
- moodleEZ -$2.99
Happy studying on the go!
Enrolled in Online or Other Flexible Course.... Now What?
New to taking online or Hybrid classes at NMC?
Answers to common questions
IF ENROLLED IN AN ONLINE COURSE:
- Where do I find my online course?
Log into NMC eLearning: https://elearn.nmc.edu (link located at myNMC)
- Your user name is the same as your NMCID
- Your password is the same as your NMCID password
- When can I access my online course(s)?
You can see online classes listed under "My Courses" in NMC eLearning (Moodle) 5 days before the class start date identified in the schedule. If you do not see your class under "My Courses" during this time period, contact the NMC Technology Help Desk.
- When does my online class start?
Most online classes begin the first day of the semester which often falls on a Friday or Saturday. Look up your class information on the NMC Online Searchable Schedule »
- I have questions about my course, where do I go for help?
- First, review what is listed in the schedule, NMC Online Searchable Schedule »
- If the question is about the content, such as textbook or how other class expectations, contact the instructor listed.
- If an instructor is not listed, or you do not have contact information for that instructor, contact the Academic Office for that course.
- If the question is technology related or about the delivery expectations, contact the Online Learning Support Staff through the NMC Technology Help Desk and request Moodle support.
- I just signed up for a course, and when I log into NMC eLearning (Moodle), I can't see my course?
Students are not put into the online course areas in Moodle upon registration; wait one day, and you will see your added course(s).
- I took the orientation, and I still have questions, how can I get help?
Contact the Help Desk, and request Moodle assistance. If we are not available to answer your questions right away, submit a ticket and we will be back in touch within 24 hours. You can even request a one-on-one consultation if desired.
IF ENROLLED IN A HYBRID COURSE:
- All hybrid courses use NMC eLearning (Moodle) for the online delivery portion of the class. Many of the FAQs above apply to Hybrid as well.
- Make sure to note all face-to-face/on-campus class sessions. These are listed in the class schedule details.
IF ENROLLED IN AN OPEN LEARNING LAB COURSE:
- Contact your instructor to make sure you can attend an orientation session or get the information online.
- All classes take place in the Student Success Center (formerly the Center for Learning) in Osterlin Building.
- Your instructor holds office hours in O145, just around the corner from the Student Success Center, to assist and answer your questions.
IF ENROLLED IN A TELECOURSE:
- You must attend all the scheduled, on-campus class meetings.
- The first meeting goes over how to view the videos along with other course information.
If you need additional help, contact the NMC Help Desk at (231) 995-3020 or submit a help desk ticket.