NMC Soccer Club
To involve students in a group activity and learn teamwork. Established to unite soccer players of NMC and provide a fun, competitive environment to play soccer recreationally and competitively. The team is sponsored in part by NMC Student Government Association funds and much appreciated.
Student Contact: Charley Needham- firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING Meeting Times
Typically, the NMC Soccer Club starts drop ins shortly after the Fall Term begins. Drop ins over the past years have been held at the Civic Center.
The NMC Soccer Club is like any other student organization, it needs student leaders and an NMC advisor. Students wishing to participate can contact the current student contact above or contact the NMC Student Life. For Fall 2016, currently there is no NMC Advisor to the club.
This is recreational drop-ins are open to all NMC Students and matches arranged when they can with other club teams around the area.
FALL 2015 Tentative Schedule (2W 3L)
- Sunday, Sept 20 vs Hispanic League Team (W 2-1)
- Saturday, October 3 at Cornerstone University JV (L 0-4)
- Saturday, October 10 vs Ferris State Club, in TC, (L 0-4)
- Sunday, October 11 vs Lake Superior State Club in TC (W 2-1)
- Sunday, Oct 18 vs Local TC players, 5 pm - Keystone
- Sunday, Oct 25 at CMU, (L 1-3)
Fall 2014 Tentative Schedule (2W 4L 1T)
- Sunday, September 14 @ UM of Flint Soccer Club (L 5-1)
- Sunday, September 28 vs Local TC Team, 3:30 p.m., (Scrimmage)
- Saturday, October 4 vs Lake Superior State, 1:30 p.m. (W 3-0)
- Sunday, October 5 @ Ferris State Club, 1 p.m. (L 3-2)
- Sunday, October 12 @ Lake Superior State Club, 2 p.m. (W 3-2)
- Saturday, October 18 @ Cornerstone JV, 2 p.m. (L 5-0)
- Sunday, October 26 @ Saginaw Valley State Club, 2 p.m. (T 2-2)
- Saturday, November 1 vs Cornerstone JV, 2 p.m. (L 8-0)
Fall 2013 season recap (5W 3L 1T)
- Sunday, September 8 vs. Hispanic Soccer League Team – (W 3-1)
- Saturday, September 14 @ Cornerstone University JV – (L 0-1)
- Sunday, September 29 vs. Hispanic League Team – (Scrimmage)
- Saturday, October 5 vs. Cornerstone University JV – (W 3-1)
- Sunday, October 6 vs. Lake Superior State Soccer Club – (W 2-1)
- Sunday, October 6 vs. Lake Superior State Soccer Club – (W 4-3)
- Friday, October 11 @ Ferris State University Club Soccer – (W 1-0)
- Sunday, October 13 @ Grand Valley State Club Soccer – (L 0-5)
- Friday, October 18 @ Davenport University Reserves – (L 0-2)
- Sunday, October 27 @ Saginaw Valley State Club Soccer – (T 2-2)
Soccer Club News
The club is open to all students (male or female) of all levels of soccer skills.
For competitive matches versus other schools, the club advisor/coach will select the appropriate players to participate in those matches. Cost to participate in matches is $5 a player to help cover costs.
NMC 1 - CMU 3
Jon Tuck's first half goal evened the score 1-1 at half time. Assist from Jack Delude. Twenty minutes into the second half CMU took the lead 2-1 on a goal from a corner kick. NMC's late rally ended when CMU counter attack allowed them to scored in the last minute of the match for a final score of 3-1.
NMC 2 - LSSU 1
NMC took a 1-0 lead on a Charlie Needham goal, assisted by Ryan Haworth. After the Lakers tied the match 1-1 in the second half, the Hawk Owls got the game winner on a 25 yard free kick from Rico Rodriguez.
NMC 0 - FSU 4
Trailing 2-0 at the half, the Hawks Owls hit the post that would have made the score 2-1 and make for a furious finish. However, the Bulldogs countered immediately to score a goal for a 3-0 lead and took the air out of the Hawks Owls.
NMC 0 - CU JV 4
Hawk Owls dropped a hard fought match at Cornerstone. After going down 1-0 mid way through the first half, CU scored two late first half goals to pull away. Noah Withey made a number of great saves in goal and Ryan Haworth, Andrew Bump and Nick Armour played very well in the back line despite the goals.
NMC 2 - TC 1
NMC Soccer club started the year with a 2-1 win over local TC Hispanic League team. Going down 1-0, the Hawl Owls battled back on goals from Justin Jensen and Jacob Gordon.