NMC Soccer Club
To involve students in a group activity and learn teamwork. Established to unite soccer players of NMC and provide a fun, competitive environment to play soccer recreationally and competitively. The team is sponsored in part by NMC Student Government Association funds and much appreciated.
Student Contact: Charley Needham- firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor: Don Cunningham- email@example.com or (231) 995-1749
UPCOMING Meeting Times
Fall 2015 drop in last day is Tuesday, October 27th, 5:45 pm. We will meet at the Civic Center south end (opposite end of the park from the actual civic center bldg).
On Sunday, Nov 8 we move indoors at the NMC Gym from noon-2:30 pm. If more that 18 show, than we have a wait list. We play 6 v 6 with a team waiting.
This is recreational drop-ins are open to all NMC Students. For matches, coach will select appropriate players for each match.
If you are interested in more info on the NMC Soccer Club, please contact Soccer Club Advisor Don Cunningham.
FALL 2015 Tentative Schedule (Upated)
- Sunday, Sept 20 vs Hispanic League Team (W 2-1)
- Saturday, October 3 at Cornerstone University JV (L 0-4)
- Saturday, October 10 vs Ferris State Club, in TC, (L 0-4)
- Sunday, October 11 vs Lake Superior State Club in TC (W 2-1)
- Sunday, Oct 18 vs Local TC players, 5 pm - Keystone
- Sunday, Oct 25 at CMU, (L 1-3)
Fall 2014 Tentative Schedule (2W 4L 1T)
- Sunday, September 14 @ UM of Flint Soccer Club (L 5-1)
- Sunday, September 28 vs Local TC Team, 3:30 p.m., (Scrimmage)
- Saturday, October 4 vs Lake Superior State, 1:30 p.m. (W 3-0)
- Sunday, October 5 @ Ferris State Club, 1 p.m. (L 3-2)
- Sunday, October 12 @ Lake Superior State Club, 2 p.m. (W 3-2)
- Saturday, October 18 @ Cornerstone JV, 2 p.m. (L 5-0)
- Sunday, October 26 @ Saginaw Valley State Club, 2 p.m. (T 2-2)
- Saturday, November 1 vs Cornerstone JV, 2 p.m. (L 8-0)
Fall 2013 season recap (5W 3L 1T)
- Sunday, September 8 vs. Hispanic Soccer League Team – (W 3-1)
- Saturday, September 14 @ Cornerstone University JV – (L 0-1)
- Sunday, September 29 vs. Hispanic League Team – (Scrimmage)
- Saturday, October 5 vs. Cornerstone University JV – (W 3-1)
- Sunday, October 6 vs. Lake Superior State Soccer Club – (W 2-1)
- Sunday, October 6 vs. Lake Superior State Soccer Club – (W 4-3)
- Friday, October 11 @ Ferris State University Club Soccer – (W 1-0)
- Sunday, October 13 @ Grand Valley State Club Soccer – (L 0-5)
- Friday, October 18 @ Davenport University Reserves – (L 0-2)
- Sunday, October 27 @ Saginaw Valley State Club Soccer – (T 2-2)
Soccer Club News
The club is open to all students (male or female) of all levels of soccer skills.
For competitive matches versus other schools, the club advisor/coach will select the appropriate players to participate in those matches. Cost to participate in matches is $5 a player to help cover costs.
NMC 1 - CMU 3
Jon Tuck's first half goal evened the score 1-1 at half time. Assist from Jack Delude. Twenty minutes into the second half CMU took the lead 2-1 on a goal from a corner kick. NMC's late rally ended when CMU counter attack allowed them to scored in the last minute of the match for a final score of 3-1.
NMC 2 - LSSU 1
NMC took a 1-0 lead on a Charlie Needham goal, assisted by Ryan Haworth. After the Lakers tied the match 1-1 in the second half, the Hawk Owls got the game winner on a 25 yard free kick from Rico Rodriguez.
NMC 0 - FSU 4
Trailing 2-0 at the half, the Hawks Owls hit the post that would have made the score 2-1 and make for a furious finish. However, the Bulldogs countered immediately to score a goal for a 3-0 lead and took the air out of the Hawks Owls.
NMC 0 - CU JV 4
Hawk Owls dropped a hard fought match at Cornerstone. After going down 1-0 mid way through the first half, CU scored two late first half goals to pull away. Noah Withey made a number of great saves in goal and Ryan Haworth, Andrew Bump and Nick Armour played very well in the back line despite the goals.
NMC 2 - TC 1
NMC Soccer club started the year with a 2-1 win over local TC Hispanic League team. Going down 1-0, the Hawl Owls battled back on goals from Justin Jensen and Jacob Gordon.