- Distinguished Officer Team 2014, 2012
- Distinguished Honors in Action Project 2012
- Distinguished Chapter 2012
- Distinguished Chapter 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012
- Distinguished Officer Team 2011and 2012
- College Project Hallmark Winner 2011
- Third Runner Up 2012
- Honors in Action Hallmark Winner 2010
- First Runner Up 2011
- Fellowship Hallmark Award 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2009
- Scholarship Hallmark Award 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2009
- Leadership Hallmark Award 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007 and 2008
The Alpha Rho Pi Chapter has also hosted various conferences throughout the years including:
- Honors Institute 2008
- Leadership 1992, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012
- Regional Conference 2004, 2014
- Mini Honors 2008
Chapter Milestones were earned in 1999 and 2002.
Phi Theta Kappa
- A general member fellowship event is hosted once a month on a Saturday. Email email@example.com to find out more and check either the Student Events Calendar or Facebook for this months event. All members and their families are welcome!
- Officers meet weekly alternating between Thursday at 7:30am in HS 101 and Friday at 2:00pm in O 201. Check the Student Events Calendar or the Chapter Facebook Page for which day this week's meeting lands on. All members looking to get more involved are welcome!
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize and promote the academic achievement of students and assist them in developing personal skills in teamwork and leadership.
Requirements of Membership
Students interested in becoming members will need to meet the requirements of having an overall 3.5 GPA, at least 12 college level credits, and be currently enrolled in NMC courses.
The Alpha Rho Pi Chapter prides itself on being active not only on campus but throughout the community. Via tremendous effort and enthusiasm the chapter volunteers for the many Traverse City festivals such as the Traverse City Film Fest, Winter Fest, National Cherry Festival, and so much more. Alpha Rho Pi also concentrates much of their efforts towards student and campus centered projects that change yearly. From their involvement, members and officers gain life experiences and skills, opportunities are opened, and long-lasting friendships are forged.
Interested in Phi Theta Kappa?
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Osterlin 118 to speak with an advisor.
Advisor: Kari Kahler
- (231) 995-1228