Applying for a Degree or Certificate
One semester before you anticipate completing your degree or certificate program requirements, fill out the Application for Degree or Certificate (PDF). Copies are available in the Records & Registration Office on the main floor of the Tanis Building.
Those students who have applied and indicated on their forms that they wished to participate in the Commencement Ceremony in May should contact the NMC Bookstore in February-March to order their Cap/Gown. You must have received an audit letter indicating that you will have completed your degree/certificate by the end of summer semester. Commencement is for students who have graduated in the fall or will graduate the following spring or summer semester.
Additional Credits for an Additional Associate Degree
Students may earn additional degrees at Northwestern Michigan College. A minimum of 15 earned hours (credits) shall be earned from Northwestern Michigan College in addition to the required credits for the previous degree.
- Students may earn only one Associate in Science and Arts degree.
- The Associate in General Studies degree may not be earned as an additional degree.
- Program requirements for the additional degree will be based on the catalog that is in effect when the student officially switches to the new program.
- Previous credits will be evaluated by the Records Office for transfer to the additional degree as applicable.
- This policy does not apply to certificates.