Change My Program of Study
Sometimes your academic plan changes and you may decide to select a different program of study than what you initially came to NMC to pursue. There are important immigration as well as NMC implications for changing your program. Here are some steps to follow:
- Print out a model schedule from the Academic Programs page of the NMC website. Fill in the information about the courses you have already taken within this program.
- Meet with your academic (program) advisor to learn about the additional courses you will need to take in order to complete your new degree program. Create an Academic Plan which maps out the courses you will take and the number of semesters required for you to complete this program of study. Have your advisor verify your expected graduation date and note it on this sheet.
- Submit a copy of your academic plan to an International Advisor in the Admissions Office.
- Allow 1-2 weeks for processing of your new I-20. An International Advisor will change your SEVIS record to reflect this change in program of study and amend program dates if necessary. **Please respond to all e-mail requests for additional information or meetings with an International Admissions Advisor within 24 hours.**
- Once you have received your revised I-20, you must complete a “Change of Program” form and return it to the Records & Registration office for processing.
How to I...
- Apply for a job on campus »
- Apply for a Driver’s License »
- Apply for a Social Security Number »
- Apply for CPT or OPT »
- Change my program of study
- Find housing off-campus »
- Get credit for university courses taken elsewhere »
- Sign up for NMC classes »
- Transfer to finish my bachelor’s degree »