Get Credit for Courses Taken Outside the USA

Often students come to Northwestern Michigan College with past university credits or bachelor’s degrees. Should you wish to receive credit toward your NMC degree from an institution outside the United States, you will need to undertake a professional credential evaluation.

Through this process you will pay an evaluation service to review your official transcripts from previous colleges or universities. You may have credits towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree evaluated in this manner. Most services require you to send an official and original transcript from each college or university for evaluation. Please be prepared to pay $150-300 for this service. We recommend that you begin this process when you apply to NMC as it can take 2-6 months to complete.

All evaluations should be sent directly to Northwestern Michigan College at this address:

Northwestern Michigan College
Office of Admissions
1701 E. Front Street
Traverse City, MI 49686

Here are some potential credential evaluation services:

Translate this page