Transfer to Finish My Bachelor’s Degree
At Northwestern Michigan College, we make it easy for you to pursue a “2+2” degree program where you complete the first half (typically around two years) of your degree at our community college and then transfer to a four-year college or university to finish your bachelor’s degree. Since the first two years of a college education are typically spent taking general courses, you will have a good opportunity to strengthen your college grade point average (GPA) and to take advantage of our lower costs and friendly environment before you transfer.
Many students studying at NMC have plans to complete a bachelor’s degree after they finish an associate degree on our campus. NMC has dedicated academic advisors who can help you choose the classes at NMC that will help you transfer to another program to complete your bachelor’s degree.
NMC Transfer Resources
- Search for Colleges/University in Michigan or Out of State »
- Attend College Visits to NMC »
- How NMC Classes Transfer to Other Michigan Colleges/Universities »
- Areas of Study at Michigan Colleges »
Other Transfer Resources
- Transfer Student Resources from MACRAO »
- Tips for Transferring from U.S. News »
- How to Transfer from a Community College - FastWeb »
Steps to Successful Transfer
- Begin meeting with your academic advisor starting in your first semester to create an academic plan for completing your associate degree. This plan should help you select courses for each semester of enrollment. You can also find this information on the model schedules created for each area of study at NMC »
- Undertake a college/university search to decide where you would like to transfer. This information is very important for helping you and your academic advisor customize your academic plan.
- Monitor your progress toward associate degree completion using the Unofficial Degree Evaluation tool in your NMC Self-Service area »
- During your second semester, begin applying for admission to your transfer school choices.
- Actively communicate with an academic advisor at your transfer school.
- One semester before transfer, notify an international advisor at NMC and fill out the Transfer Out form »
How to I...
- Apply for a job on campus »
- Apply for a Driver’s License »
- Apply for a Social Security Number »
- Apply for CPT or OPT »
- Change my program of study »
- Find housing off-campus »
- Get credit for university courses taken elsewhere »
- Sign up for NMC classes »
- Transfer to finish my bachelor’s degree