Internships at NMC are an opportunity for students to explore career or interest areas, apply classroom theory to a real situation, and gain practical experience for resume building. The internship experience is guided through learning outcomes which build on previous coursework allowing learning to become integrated in a professional setting.
Business and Technical Division internships are a one-time, one-semester work experience.
Internships offer students the opportunity to:
- Gain academic credits towards a degree.
- Gain knowledge and exposure to specific areas of work-related skills.
- Gain experience to build and strengthen your resume.
- Develop a professional network.
Internships are arranged between the student, Experiential Learning Program Coordinator and Cooperative Sponsor, and can be arranged before or during the first half of any semester.
- NMC Northwest Michigan Job Board »
- How to Succeed in Your Job Search »
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect »
- Michigan Civil Service Commission »
- Intern in Michigan »
- USA JOBS »
The student is responsible for filling out the Internship Learning Agreement form in collaboration with the Experiential Learning Program Coordinator and the Cooperative Sponsor.
- Contact the Experiential Learning Program Coordinator.
- Determine the project in relationship to class material, desired experience and learning objectives.
- Fill out the Internship Learning Agreement form in consultation with the Experiential Learning Program Coordinator and Cooperative Sponsor.
- Obtain signatures as required on the Internship Learning Agreement form.
- Send completed Internship Learning Agreement form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be contacted when your form is available for pickup. A copy of the contract, along with a participation appreciation letter, will be emailed to the cooperative sponsor.
(If you have never been an NMC student before, go to the Admissions Office in the Administration Building to be admitted to Northwestern Michigan College, or apply online.)
If you have questions during any stage of the process, or during your internship, contact:
Experiential Learning Program Coordinator
Business & Technical Division
104 Parsons-Stulen M-TEC Building,
Aero Park Campus (#9 on the Aero Park Campus Map)
2600 Aero Park Dr.
Traverse City, MI
In the course of your internship at Northwestern Michigan College or in the Grand Traverse area, you may learn confidential information about students, staff or citizens. You are expected to keep this information confidential in any setting inside or outside the college (unless written permission is given), just as you wish your own privacy rights to be respected. However, if you learn of an intent to harm someone or commit suicide, there is a legal obligation to share such information.
2017 Career & Employment Fair
NMC’s annual Career Fair will be held Thursday, March 2 from 4–5:30 p.m. at the Hagerty Conference Center.
IT Career Fair
Monday, April 17, 2016 4–7 p.m.
The Business Division at Northwestern Michigan College (NMC) in collaboration with Networks Northwest and Michigan Works! is pleased to announce its annual spring IT fair scheduled for April 17, 2017 as an opportunity for employers to engage with students, alumni and community.
Engineering Tech & Welding Career Fair
Monday April 24, 2017
The Technical Division is pleased to announce its annual spring career and internship fair as an opportunity for employers to engage with Engineering Technology and Welding students. The fair will be held at the Aero Park Campus in the Parsons-Stulen Building from 8:45–11 a.m.